Thursday, July 30, 2009

To eat or not to eat, that is the question.




Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the outrageous fortune of weighing 180 pounds for 6 years, or to suffer the withdrawl from not emotionally eating....hmmm. what would shakespeare do?








I doubt he had a weight problem at all. There were no Starbucks, Wendy's, Taco Bell, or McDonalds on every street corner in Renaissance Stratford upon Avon. They were too busy "rebirthing" interesting things. Oh I would imagine they had tasty things to eat. But none so fattening I am sure as the Nachos Supreme, Chicken Mcnuggets, and Grande Caramel Frappucino with whipped cream.


I am still trying, but it is painfully slower going than it was before. I havent been walking in about a week. I feel as though this is becoming my confessional rather than my weight loss journal. Forgive me father, its been a week and a half since my last walk.
oh well. In a kind of generalized way I have been trying to keep track of calories but I have only been able to do this in a very general and really kind of succeeding in a kind of damage control and not really losing at all. I should plan better and not eat out so much. maybe I will walk today, but all this stress at home with trying to plan to move and organizing and cleaning and packing and staying at my mom's has not helped. I have no real motivation except when things are tight and I need new clothes and I get frustrated with things not fitting. And then I may have to end up taking a comprehensive exam this fall to finish my degree instead my thesis whick I have agonized over emotionally for years. This is lots of change for a Jenny that likes things warm and cozy. Argh.








2 comments:

  1. Calorie control. food portioning. exercise. Now don't make me beat you.

    step one: calculate your resting matabolic rate...

    655.1 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.699 x height in inches) - (4.676 x age)

    here is mine as an example,, cause math is hard for us litheads.

    655.1 + (4.35 x 133) + (4.699 x 65) - (4.676 x 30) this is my figures plugged into the formula...now for the calculator...

    655.1 + 578.55 + 305.435 - 140.28 = 1398.805

    step 2: calculate your caloric needs by multiplying you RMR with your activity factor:

    sedentary 1.2 (sit, stand, lie down most of day, stationary in one place, and no exercise)

    light activity 1.3 to 1.4 (sedentary for most of day but with light activity such as walking/housework for less than two hours a day

    moderate activity 1.5 (on feet for most of day with light lifting or mild exercise-yoga)

    very active 1.6 to 1.7 (work in physical labor or construction)

    extreme activity : 2 to 2.4 (military training, professional athlete)

    so for me that would be :2098.2075 or roughly 2100 calories for weight maintenance. To lose weight I need to exercise more or eat less calories. I'm on my feet moving about for 20 hours a week at work and do yoga at least once a week. I hope that's enough. In my situation I would definitely have to cut calories. Keep a food diary, keep track of calories, be honest with yourself and even tally the tablespoon of peanut butter you licked off the knife while making a sandwich(100 calories!) Figure out what your daily intake average is and try to get it to your caloric needs so you will at least stay the same rather than gaining. love you girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks doll. I have tried to do that, but recently I had lost the plot. I will rally again! Thank you for the encouragement. I will figure up my calories and do my best to start again.

    ReplyDelete