Friday, July 20, 2012

Success.

Well, it has been a long time since I have posted. There has also been a lot of weight lost. 65 pounds to be exact. I think that I would like to get that last ten pounds off, just to say, hey I am at that ultimate goal that a year and a half ago I didn't know if I could ever reach. But here I am only ten pounds away from it, if I decide that is my destination. How did i do it? You may well ask...well it was a combination of quite a few things. Not the least of these was the fact that I was forced to give up gluten from my diet. This is not for everyone. Not everyone has gluten intolerance, but I did, and I know that it was keeping me unhealthy now.

So i have been gluten free since February of 2011. Also, starting this past February I did a three month long diet called a candida diet. And before you go googling that topic and accusing me of going the way of the Atkins diet, I can assure you that it was not the Atkins diet. I used this book. Not only did I drop 30 pounds in 3 months, but I started feeling better and a lot of health issues cleared up. I would recommend this book over any of the websites that you can find about candida online.

I know that my journey isn't over. Now that I am basically at my goal, I know that i need to exercise more and even watch my cholesterol, and as I have added foods back, i know that I need to be careful that I do not end up in the same situation that I was in 2 years ago, sickly, less healthy, and at 200 pounds. But I don't see that for my future. I really don't. I don't want that for my life either. I will still continue to work on this last ten pounds and at maintaining my goal eating healthier and excercising. But I know at least for now, from the past 7 or 8 years of excess pounds...the weight is finally over.

No comments:

Post a Comment